SAM Labs is on the hunt for a passionate Unity Developer to join our tight-knit team of developers and designers in an award-winning digital startup in East London. You will be responsible for developing interactive digital and real world experiences on mobile.
SAM Labs builds award-winning construction kits, inventive toys for children 7+ to learn 21st century skills through play. SAM Labs is one of London’s fastest growing tech startups, and is a part of Tech City Upscale, Go to Grow, Pitch@Palace, TED, Microsoft Accelerator and Intel Accelerator. SAM is revolutionising and democratising STEM education, hands-on learning, and the way people think about technology.
- Collaborate with the Product team including designers and other developers to build amazing products
- Contribute to the Tech team by sharing your knowledge with the team and applying your experience
- Deliver high quality, well-structured and commented code
- Design, architect and implement game features
- Take an active part in game creation and specification
- Maintain and optimize new and existing game features
- Highly collaborative, share knowledge and help colleagues
- Passion for game development but you can build products and experiences
- Develop excellent mobile games for iOS and Android using Unity with C#
- Must be proficient with C# with a deep understanding of object-orientated programming
- Minimum of 3 years experience in creating Unity games
- Extended knowledge of Unity to create both 2D and 3D games
- Thorough knowledge of graphics, optimisation, performance issues and tradeoffs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Game development experience
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Writing shaders and knowledge in 3D math / algorithms
- Changes or optimisation of rendering engines
- OpenGL for mobile devices
We work pretty hard and your thoughts and ideas are likely to be challenged by everyone in the team, including Eukene in design, Michael in software, Cyrille in operations, and Joachim in execution. At the same time, Tak will get you doing sports, Tim will make sure you can have a go at board games and Giulio & Morten will give us plenty of new music to listen to.
As a young company, the best way to fare here will be by forming bonds with other employees (who come from completely different disciplines to yours), take initiative to pursue your instincts and ideas, and to drive the company forward.
We value optimism, collaboration, sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, talk-less-do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making the team successful. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to SAM, we’d love to have you.