SAM Labs is looking for a Business Development Manager to work with the Head of Sales & Marketing to drive rapid growth in the booming technology industry. The role will focus on building strategic partnerships, while working alongside the SAM Sales Team.
SAM Labs builds award-winning construction kits, inventive toys for children 7+ to learn 21st century skills through play. SAM Labs is one of London’s fastest growing tech startups, and is a part of Tech City Upscale, Go to Grow, Pitch@Palace, TED, Microsoft Accelerator and Intel Accelerator. SAM is revolutionising and democratising STEM education, hands-on learning, and the way people think about technology.
You will focus on developing and growing our business by building relationships, identifying new opportunities and closing deals. Your combination of strategic thinking and sharp execution, powered by your relentless ambition and energy will help our business reach stretch targets. You will be a results-driven, growthobsessed opportunity hunter, who gets their thrills from identifying and capturing new opportunities, and we want to hear from you!
- Identifying new business opportunities within digital retail (e-commerce, resellers, marketplaces, etc.)
- Generating new leads, pitching our products to new clients and closing deals
- Delivering consistent month on month revenue growth
- Managing and prioritising your pipeline
- Building proposals suited to clients’ needs with the support of Marketing and Design
- Reporting and providing feedback on channel progress
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in sales, preferably within a high-growth technology startup
- A proven track record of exceeding targets
- Familiarity with CRM and pipeline management with an understanding of financial planning and forecasting
- An undergraduate degree
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects
- A strong work ethic with an eagerness to learn
- An ear for language and an eye for detail
We work pretty hard and your thoughts and ideas are likely to be challenged by everyone in the team, including Eukene in design, Michael in software, Cyrille in operations, and Joachim in execution. At the same time, Tak will get you doing sports, Tim will make sure you can have a go at board games and Giulio & Morten will give us plenty of new music to listen to.
As a young company, the best way to fare here will be by forming bonds with other employees (who come from completely different disciplines to yours), take initiative to pursue your instincts and ideas, and to drive the company forward.
We value optimism, collaboration, sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, talk-less-do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making the team successful. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to SAM, we’d love to have you.
Get more information and follow SAMlabs on: