We're on the hunt for a passionate User Experience Designer to join our tight-knit team of developers and designers in an award-winning digital startup in East London. You will be responsible for prototyping and user testing interactive digital and real world experiences.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Work closely with the product team to identify research topics
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate design decisions
- Experience in designing, gathering, analysing and presenting data from user testing
- Experience in building and shipping applications, software or hardware
- Experience with Application Design, Visual Design, and Interaction Design
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Experience in developing hardware and digital products
- Experience in toys and gaming
- £30,000 to £40,000 mid level
We work pretty hard and your thoughts and ideas are likely to be challenged by everyone in the team, including Eukene in design, Michael in software, Cyrille in operations, and Joachim in execution. At the same time, Tak will get you doing sports, Tim will make sure you can have a go at board games and Giulio & Morten will give us plenty of new music to listen to.
As a young company, the best way to fare here will be by forming bonds with other employees (who come from completely different disciplines to yours), take initiative to pursue your instincts and ideas, and to drive the company forward.
We value optimism, collaboration, sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, talk-less-do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making the team successful. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to our company, we’d love to have you in.
For extra credit, send us a sample of something that’s good, and send us a sample of something that’s great. Not something you created, and no explanation needed.
Get more information and follow SAMlabs on: